Overcome problems and achieve your goals with hypnotherapy
- Do you want to regain and improve on your best competitive form?
- You have trained and worked on technique, but is something missing?
- Would you like to consistently perform at your best?
- Are you looking to improve your game?
The Mind & Body
Your mind and body are not separate entities, to work successfully they need to function as one complete unit.
If your mind is not focused or harbours any doubts, then you may not get the results you want. Perhaps you have experienced some of the following?
- A poor previous performance preys on your mind and makes you lose confidence
- You find yourself over anxious before a major event and your nerves get the better of you
- In the past you have had success, but you don't seem to be able to get back to that level
- When you are playing or competing you lose focus and are distracted
- In hypnosis, negative thoughts are controlled so they don't affect your sporting performance
- Techniques are used to reduce excess stress, so you can perform at your best
- You are taken back to resourceful states, so they can be harnessed in future events
- Hypnosis is a focused state of attention so you become unaware of external distractions
As well as using hypnosis in a relaxed state it can also be used while you are alert.
An example of an alert hypnosis sate is when someone is driving along a familiar route and they arrive at their destination without remembering the details of the journey.
Throughout the journey they have automatically adjusted their speed and controlled the vehicle, but they haven't had to think about what they were doing.
In a sporting event alert hypnosis is used so you can tap into this resource allowing you to respond automatically on a physical level, so your mind can focus on being in the winning "zone".
Below is a short video by Dr Jamie Barker explaining the use of hypnosis in sport.
I have helped my clients improve their performance in individual disciplines including; martial arts, golf and gymnastics, as well as team sports such as football.
Please give me a call or complete the contact form below to find out how I can help you improve your sporting performance.
Solution Hypnosis, Robroyston, Glasgow