Frequently Asked Questions
Overcome problems and achieve your goals with hypnosis
- What is hypnosis?
- What is clinical hypnotherapy?
- Is hypnosis the same as sleep?
- Can anyone be hypnotized?
Hypnosis is a safe, natural, relaxed condition of focused concentration, which is familiar to all of us.
- First thing in the morning just before you are fully awake, the feeling of being very relaxed and calm
- Being completely focused on an activity such as reading a book
- Driving to your destination without being aware of the route that you took to get there
- Relaxing and listening to tranquil music
- Experiencing a daydream
Clinical hypnotherapy is the use of hypnosis to overcome problems and achieve goals by making changes at an unconscious level.
The hypnosis techniques used will vary depending on what your goal is. However, the sessions will consist of the following elements:
- Pleasant relaxation
- Awareness of what is going on around you and what is being said
- A feeling of comfort and of being in control
Initially the session will establish what you want to achieve through hypnotherapy and explain what you can expect during the sessions.
No, it is not sleep, but a very relaxed physical state which may look like sleep to an observer, but you will always be aware of your surroundings.
Most people can easily enter a light trance, which is all that is required to experience hypnosis.
Please note that if you don't want to be hypnotized you can't be made to, therefore you will not enter a hypnotic trance state. However, provided you have an open mind about hypnosis, you can experience the wonderful benefits of hypnotherapy and accomplish the improvements you want to make.
Please complete the form below, or give me a call to find out how hypnotherapy can help you
Solution Hypnosis, Robroyston, Glasgow